£45,000 to £65,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Coventry, West Midlands
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking for full time role in Coventry?
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Coventry, West Midlands for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This role is full time for 4 days per week with shifts from 9am to 6pm, along with Saturday mornings on a rota. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week
- Weekends: Saturday mornings on a rota
- OOH: None
- On call: None
- Computer system: Merlin
- Team: 2 vets and 2 RVNs
- An exciting opportunity for a vet to join an established first opinion practice
- They role offers a mixture of both consultations and surgeries
- The position offers the vet the opportunity to develop clinically
- There is opportunity for leadership and management development into a clinical director role
- The role offers no OOH
- The position offers ongoing support for training and the development of areas of special interest
- Provides a varied case load with both consultations and surgeries
- Can support and fund certificates and post graduate qualifications
- One site established first opinion practice
- Friendly and supportive team of 3 vets and nursing and non-clinical team
- The practice is located on the outskirts of Coventry with easy access to the City centre. It is also within a good commute from Stratford on Avon, Warwick, and Leamington Spa
- The practice is Small Animal treating dogs, cats and ferrets with some exotics
- They a are a modern and progressive practice always looking at ways to improve and grow
- Fully equipped practice which can offer full care to patients
- Various surgical options available for treatment
- They pride themselves on providing a personal service to patients in order to ensure they are worked up thoroughly
- The practice has a small close knit team culture
- All members of the team are passionate and dedicated to providing the best possible care to all patients
- They strongly believe that the pet's recovery not only depends on the treatment but also the care they receive from the team so each team member shares this ethos of care
- The practice all share the ethos of providing support to one another and value what each person's role is within the practice.
- Collectively they work well as a team and ensure that a high standard of clinical care is met.
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment
- They are looking for a Vet who as a good level of small animal experience and be confident in routine surgeries and consultations, neutering, dentals and lump removals
- They will have a confident and enthusiastic attitude
- The vet will have excellent communications skills and client facing skills and be able to build good working relationships easily
- The vet will have a positive attitude and show empathy and warmth where required to both clients and team members
- The vet will be a team player
- Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, increasing with service and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,250 with 5 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Medical insurance
- Additional discounts including retail and gym
- Family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available, including leadership courses
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35066
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.