£40,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join an established practice in Cookstown Northern Ireland.
They are looking for a forward thinking and motivated Equine Vet who has a bias towards fertility. They will be joining a highly experienced team of large animal vets. This is an established busy large animal practice which provides Veterinary Care over a large area in Northern Ireland.
The Equine Services that they offer include Stud work, AL mare, foaling mares, dental examinations, pre-purchase examinations, lameness investigations, Vaccines, medical and surgical investigations and on call for emergencies.
They are a well-equipped practice and have 18 stable yards complete with knock down box, DR System, video endoscope, gastroscope, ultrasound scanners and an in house laboratory.
- Type: Equine
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: Yes
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Dedicate team of highly qualified equine Vets
- Established Veterinary Clinic - multiple branches
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with veterinary expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- Offers support and advancement to more complex medical and surgical cases
- Fantastic career development opportunities available
- You will be an experienced Equine Vet with a bias in fertility
- You will be ambitious and looking to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of surgical and hospitalisation facilities and services including Stud work, AL mare, foaling mares, dental examinations, pre-purchase examinations, lameness investigations, Vaccines, medical and surgical investigations and on call for emergencies.
- Salary - 40,000 -50,000 Pro Rata
- CPD generous allowance
- Certificates supported and funded
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Accommodation and company vehicle
- RCVS and VDS and BSAVA fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.