£45,000 to £65,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Chichester, West Sussex
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking for a new opportunity in West Sussex?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Chichester for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This role is full time for 4 days per week, along with 4 in 9 Saturday mornings and occasional Saturday afternoons. There will also be 1 in 9 full weeks of evening shifts to cover inpatient care. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week, shifts between 8:30am and 7pm, 1 in 9 full weekends of evening shifts covering inpatient care
- Weekends: 4 in 9 Saturday mornings, occasional Saturday afternoons
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- On-call: None
- Branch work: N/A
- Computer system: Merlin
- Team: 2 vets, 4 RVNs, 1 SVN and a supportive non-clinical team
- The role offers a varied caseload with a mixture of consultations and surgeries
- There will be no OOH work or on-call requirements, offering a great work-life balance
- They offer a wide range of modern veterinary services and diagnostics, including an in-house laboratory, x-ray and ultrasound
- They have the facilities and caseload to support clinical development
- They have a supportive and friendly team
- They can offer support for areas of special interest, along with funding for certificates
- They offer a great bonus package in addition to salary
- They have vets who hold certificates in orthopaedics, surgery, medicine, cardiology and imaging, as well as vets who have interests in dermatology, oncology, ECC and dentistry
- The practice has a great team made up of 2 vets, 4 RVNs, 1 SVN and a supportive non-clinical team
- They understand the importance of the roles that RVNs play within the practice and actively encourage the development of skills and knowledge whereby the nurses offer nurse clinics where they can advise and educate clients and use their own initiative whilst assisting the vets
- They pride themselves on a supportive team culture and they value each and everyone's roles within the practice
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face and support each other to provide a positive and encouraging work environment
- Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do
- They are looking for a vet who has a good level of experience both in medicine and surgery
- You will have excellent communications skills and client facing skills
- You will have a positive attitude and show empathy to both clients and team members
- You will encourage ongoing development of the team
- You will be a team player and be able to work in a collaborative manner
- Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,250 with 5 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Relocation support
- Medical insurance
- Workplace pension
- Family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35064
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.