£33,281 - £43,421 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join an Animal Hospital in Huyton. This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week with a 1:11 weekend rota. Shifts are between 8am - 6.30pm both during the week and the weekend.
This is a busy hospital which sees a vast amount of cases both routine and more complex. They are passionate about providing the best standard of Veterinary Care to all patients and have an ethos on education and promoting preventative healthcare.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for personal development due to the range of cases seen and the level of support available. It also offers a great work life balance with a generous weekend rota.
- 37.5 Hrs working week Full-time hours
- Veterinary Surgeon's typically work incremental shifts from 8am-4.30pm to 10am-6.30pm and vet nurses from 8am-4.30pm to 9.30am to 6pm.
- No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site.
- The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone completing a certificate or looking to further develop their skills.
- They have the work / life balance sorted
- Clinical staff typically work 1 in 11 weekends and receive time off in lieu the following week
- Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
- They are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon (VS) for the delivery of an efficient, professional and caring service to all the hospitals clients and to provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst also promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services.
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
- Responsible for managing cases cost-effectively, encouraging financial contributions from clients
- As the UK's leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets' lives - through prevention, education and treatment.
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
- They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop
- Salary rata per annum 33,281 - 43,421 pro rata
- Hours 37.5 Hours per week full time permanent
- CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
- Allocated CPD funding of 37.5 hours
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 25 Days holiday per year
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.