£35,000 to £50,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Canterbury for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
The practice is home to a large, collaborative team of 2 vets, 2 nurses, 2 student nurses and a supportive non-clinical team. They will give you the clinical freedom you deserve, along with any level of support you require. You must have experience gained in a small animal practice, a high standard of general surgical skills, excellent communication skills in order to inform and support clients and the ability to create evidence-based treatment plans. You must be passionate about keeping up to date with your own professional development. The practice will consider recently graduated vets for this role.
The role will involve working full time for 40 hours per week, along with weekends on a rota basis. There will be no OOH work.
- Practice provides 15 minute consultations
- Dedicated surgery day
- Scheduled breaks
- Supports certificates and additional qualifications
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: On a rota
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 2 vets, 2 RVNs, 2 SVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Provides a positive, happy and supportive working environment
- Offers further progression with possible lead vet role
- Offers a good work life balance
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team and practice
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Isolation unit
- Blood pressure monitor
- In-house laboratory
- Hospital ward
- Home visits
- Salary: 35,000 to 50,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 28 days annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private medical insurance
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Potential relocation package for the right candidate
- Childcare vouchers
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13669
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.