Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Burgess Hill, West Sussex
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice?
Are you looking for...
- A great salary of up to £65,000?
- No OOH work?
- A generous CPD allowance?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Burgess Hill, West Sussex for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
The practice is home to a large, collaborative team of 8 vets, 9 nurses and supportive non-clinical staff. They will give you the clinical freedom you deserve, along with any level of support you require. You must have experience gained in a small animal practice, a high standard of general surgical skills, excellent communication skills in order to inform and support clients and the ability to create evidence-based treatment plans. You must be passionate about keeping up to date with your own professional development. Although it is not required, you must have the ability and confidence to work sole charge.
This role is full time for 40 hours per week with either early shifts from 8am to 6pm or late shifts from 10am to 8pm, along with 1 weekend per month. There will only be 1 late shift per week. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Practice provides 15 minute consultations
- Dedicated surgery day
- Scheduled breaks
- Supports certificates and additional qualifications
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 weekend per month
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 8 vets, 9 RVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Provides a positive, happy and supportive working environment
- Offers further progression with possible lead vet role
- Offers a good work life balance
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team and practice
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including:
- Operating theatre
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Weight clinic
- Hospital ward
- Salary: £35,000 to £60,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private medical insurance
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Potential relocation package for the right candidate
- Childcare vouchers
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34505
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.