We are recruiting a small animal permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a mixed animal practice in Brampton, Cumbria.
This is a permanent working 4.5 days per week with a 1:4 Saturday rota. There is one day and night duty in a week and the weekends worked can count as days worked with time off in lieu during the week if required. When the practice is fully staffed however the weekend and night duty become a 1:4 rota.
The working hours are Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm, although this may vary slightly due to the covid19 pandemic. The practice offers 10-20-minute consultations. There is no sole charge work involved except when the Vet is on call.
About the practice
They comprise of a team of 14 Vets along with 8 nurses, across the 3 branches. The nurses also do a night shift rota, and they answer the phone and look after in patients.
This is a first opinion practice, and the role will involve a mixture of both consultations and surgeries. The surgeries are mainly routine.
They are fully equipped offering a range of facilities including ECG, Ultrasound, In house laboratory and digital x-ray.
The practice requires a Veterinary Surgeon ideally with good experience however they will consider applications from newly graduated Vets. They must be able to work well as part of a team and have excellent customer service skills.
They must have a caring and approachable attitude and deliver a high standard of clinical care. A vet looking to take their next career step and develop areas of special interest are supported and encouraged.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday / Full time 8am - 6pm
- Weekends: 1:4 Weekends on call along with weekend on call rota going to 1:4 when fully staffed
- Sole Charge: Only when on call
- OOH: Yes
- Branch work: Possibly some for consultations only if short staffed
- Consultations: 10 - 20 Minutes
- Team: 14 Vet 8 Nurses
- Independent and forward-thinking Practice
- 3 Branches
- Fully equipped with modern facilities such as ultrasound, ECG, Digital X-Ray, Endoscope and in house laboratory
- Accommodation is a practice flat at branch surgery
- Overnight facility available at main site when on call if required
- Supportive friendly team
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Support for New Graduates
- You will be competent in delivering routine consultations & Surgeries however support is available for a new graduate
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental Suite
- In House Laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary - 35,000 - 50,000 Commensurate to experience
- CPD allowance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Certificates funded and supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7439
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.