£37,665 to £52,749 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are looking to recruit a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to work within an established charity hospital in Bournemouth.
This practice has a fast pace and varied caseload and will allow you to use your skills to your full potential, making it an interesting and rewarding place to work. They have a passion for personal development, client care and the welfare of pets. Previous experience of clinical coaching is advantageous.
The role is full time for 37.5 hours per week over 4 days, along with 1 in 8 weekends. There will be time off scheduled during the week in lieu of any weekends worked.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week over 4 days
- Weekends: 1 in 8 weekends, 8:30am to 5:30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: None
- Team: Large hospital team
About the role:
- They are seeking a vet for the delivery of an efficient, professional and caring service to all the hospitals clients and to provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst also promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services
- They need someone who can manage the team with confidence
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion
- Responsible for managing cases cost-effectively, encouraging financial contributions from clients
- As the UK's leading veterinary charity, with 48 pet hospitals, they strive to improve animal lives through prevention, education and treatment
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods
- They believe that they work better together so their vets, volunteers, shop teams and office support colleagues are driven to the help improve the lives of every pet
- Salary: 37,665 to 52,749 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS fees paid
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance after 12 months service
- Bank holidays are paid double with time off in lieu
- Travel allowance
- Sick pay
- Access to online wellbeing centre
- Maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Eye care
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee assist programme
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Career break
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13678
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.