£35,000 - £60,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Bletchley Milton Keynes.
This is a full or part time role with a 1:4 weekend rota. The practice is continuing to expand and are now in need of an additional Vet to join their team of 4 Vets, 4.5 RVNS, 1 SVN and a non-clinical support team. The practice is located close to the centre of Milton Keynes with good access to local transport links and amenities.
The role involves both a mixture of consultations and surgeries. The practice is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including ECG, Dental Suite, Digital X-Ray, and Ultrasound.
The practice encourages and support personal development and they have regular clinical discussion meetings to discuss cases and best practice. Areas of special interest are supported, and this role is ideal for a Vet who is looking to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge further and perhaps in the meantime needs more support. There is an excellent CPD package available with the position.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full or part time
- Weekends: 1:4 weekends
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vet 4.5 RVNS and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Large team of highly experienced Surgeons
- Nurse training practice
- Modern facilities with plan to extend practice further
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be ambitious and motivated and excited to develop and expand a practice
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will enjoy building up your own client base
- You will be driven and ambitious
- Ambition to study towards areas of special interest are welcome but not essential for the role
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: Up to 35,000 - 60,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 2,500 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.