£40,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting 2 permanent Veterinary Surgeons to for an independent, small animal practice in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
This is a full-time position working 4 days per week. There is an OOH and weekend rota, but this is only a generous 5 a year.
Hours: 8am - 6:30pm, 4 days a week.
About the role
They are looking for a veterinary surgeon with two years' experience. A surgical bias is advantageous, and they would like someone who loves dealing with clients and their pets and who takes their own initiative. They allow complete clinical freedom to manage and work up cases, with support and training from experienced vets, should the need arise. Mentoring is offered via designated internal staff and external support through the mentoring scheme. They actively encourage medical/surgical development for all stages of your career.
The role requires work on-site at a busy Hospital and occasional sole charge at Branch, with realistic 15-minute consults.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 working days per week
- Weekends: Occasionally
- OOH: Only 5 time a year
- Sole Charge: None
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Independent practice
- Large loyal client base
- Friendly team
- Offers a variety of cases
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Visiting specialist
- Opportunity to develop surgical skills
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- You will be an enthusiastic and passionate veterinary surgeon
- You will have 2 years' experience
- A surgical bias will be advantageous
- You will be able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with both clients and fellow members of the team
- You will be a forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will be committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care
Facilities and services:
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Blood pressure monitoring
- In House Laboratory
- Salary 40,000 - 55,000
- CPD allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave
- RCVS and VDS and BSAVA fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 2 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.