£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent small animal practice in Aylesbury. This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday with the shifts between either 10am - 7pm or 9am - 7pm or 9am - 5pm. There is a 1:5 weekend rota. Saturday working 9am - 5pm and Sunday 11am - 4pm with no ooh. There is a full day off in the week prior to working a weekend and a full day off the following week after working the previous weekend. These days are the Wednesday before the weekend and then the following Thursday. There is also a half day off during the other 3 weeks of the rota.
Due to growth the practice is in need of a 5th Vet to join their team of highly experienced veterinary surgeons. The have a team currently of 4 Vets moving to 5 and 6 RVNS along with supporting staff. The practice sees a variety of cases and they do also see a lot of exotics. However, they have 2 veterinary surgeons with special interests in exotics so previous experience will not be required in this area and the surgeon will rarely be required to treat exotics. The require a veterinary surgeon with a minimum of 2 years' experience, including good surgical experience and someone who is happy to work sole charge on weekends. Support from other staff during the weekend will be made available to start with.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time hours
- Weekends: 1:5 Weekends Saturday and Sunday
- Lieu: Weekday off before working the weekend and a weekday off the following week after working the weekend.
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Team: 4 Vet 6 RVN and supporting staff
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Established Veterinary Clinic - Independent small animal and exotics practice
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Offers a wide variety of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Offers a family friendly service to the local community in a relaxed working environment
- Excellent career development opportunity
- Offers excellent customer service and has an excellent reputation within the community
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have 2 years' experience minimum
- You will be happy with sole charge work on a weekend
- You will be ambitious and looking to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- Full range of modern veterinary services and equipment including:
- Digital X -Ray
- Pulse Oximeter
- In House Laboratory
- Isolation ward
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- X - Ray
- Dental Suite
- Boarding Kennels and Cattery onsite
- Salary - 35,000 -50,000 Pro Rata
- CPD 5 Days funded 1,500 allowance
- 20 Days Annual leave increasing to 25 from year 2 onward
- Career development opportunities
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.