Permanent Veterinary Nurse - Woking, Surrey
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse or soon to be?
- Are you looking for a high level of clinical exposure?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Woking, Surrey for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This role is full time for 40 hours per week, along with 1 in 4 Saturdays. There will ne no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, shifts between 8am and 7.30pm
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays, 8am to 4pm
- TOIL: Fridays off the following week after working a weekend
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: 7 vets, 9 RVNs and 2 SVNs
About the role:
- The Nurse will receive the following Friday off in lieu after working the Saturday
- The role will involve all aspects of general nursing with a varied day anaesthetic work, in patient care, lab work, nurse consults, dispensing drugs and reception work where required
- The role offers a high level of clinical exposure
- The practice encourage all nurses to pursue areas of special interest and expand their clinical skills and knowledge
- The practice offer a flexible working pattern to support a work / life balance EG: Shifts to suit school pick ups
- Established small animal practice
- 3 Site practice
- They have a team of 7 vets, 9 RVNs and 2 SVNs
- They are equipped with facilities including Dental Radiography, Digital X-ray, Ultrasound and Virtual Vet equipment
- The practice provides a high standard of care and customer service to all its patients and clients using the latest technology
- They provide a supportive environment which offers scope for the Nurse to develop an area of interest
- They pride themselves on focusing on staff well being and provide a supportive learning environment to all team members
- They offer a supportive culture and ensure that all the team feel valued and each are offered support to continue to develop
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment
- The practice are looking for an enthusiastic team player
- The RVN will have the motivation and desire to utilise all of their skills
- The Nurse will have great communication skills, organisational skills and have an approachable manner
- They will provide an excellent service to all clients and be able to build rapport easily
- Salary: Up to £31,000 per annum commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of £500
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Family friendly policies including maternity and paternity
- Private medical insurance
- Certificate support
- Workplace pension
- Further benefits such as retail and gym
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free uniform
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35760
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.