National minimum wage
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Wakefield. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota. There is no OOH. There is time off in lieu the week before or the week after working a weekend.
The practice is a modern purpose-built clinic with all the toys offering a wide range of 1st opinion veterinary services. State of the art equipment onsite includes: DR Digital Radiography, Ultrasound, Doppler Blood Pressure, ECG and IDEXX Lasercyte and Catalyst One machines. The team comprise of 4 Vets, 3 Nurses and 1 SVN along with supporting staff.
About the role
The role involves all aspects of general nursing and the practice are looking for a confident and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse with good solid nursing skills. The practice actively supports professional development, and the role offers the RVN the opportunity to utilise their nursing skills to there full potential. The RVN will be involved running nursing clinics and will be confident at establishing good working relationships with clients. Some of the team within the practice are currently studying towards post qualifications including exotics and canine behaviour, so areas of special interest are supported and funded. The practice train Nurses to it is important that the RVN will be happy to mentor and train where appropriate. The ethos within the practice is to provide clinical excellence and excellent customer service to all so it is important that the RVN also shares this ethos and promotes it on a daily basis.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Yes
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vets, 3 Nurses, 2 SVNS with support team.
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Opportunity to run nurse clinics and mentor others
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will be confident with theatre work and nurse clinics
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own tasks
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a range of veterinary facilities and services including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 21,000 - 24,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 Weeks annual and Birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: CPD encouraged and fully funded
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.