£26,000 to £30,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Nurse - Swansea, Wales
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse or soon to be?
- Are you looking for the opportunity to support and guide others?
- Do you have a clinical passion that you would like to develop?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Swansea for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join their team. The role is full time for 40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days, along with weekends on a rota. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days
- Weekends: On a rota
- OOH: None
- On call: None
- The Nurse will be expected to maintain their high standards of inpatient care. The role involves all aspects of nursing and offer the opportunity to focus on developing nursing skills and any clinical passions. The practice encourage additional training and also encourage learning management skills.
- The Nurse will also have the opportunity to train and guide student nurses.
- The role offers a good work/life balance with flexible rota patterns to suit a good work / life balance.
- 1st Opinion small animal practice
- 2 Vet, 2 RVN and support staff team.
- Modern and spacious practice commited to providing a high standard of patient care.
- Located in Swansea with easy access to motorway links and surrounded by the countryside.
- The practice is fully equipped with facilities offering a wide range of diagnostics and services including x-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, in house laboratory and separate cat and dog wards.
- They offer a great work / life balance and provide support to one another as a team.
- The practice provides a high standard of care and customer service to all its patients and clients.
- The practice encourage and support ongoing development and have a collaborative and supportive in place.
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment.
- They are looking for an enthusiastic nurse who will embrace all aspects of the role and someone who would like to develop their nursing skills.
- The Nurse will have great communication skills, organisational skills and have an approachable manner.
- They will provide an excellent service to all clients and be able to build rapport easily.
- Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of £500 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Family friendly policies including maternity and paternity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Certificate support
- Workplace pension
- Further benefits such as retail and gym
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Uniform
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35065
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.