£22,000 to £26,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a small animal practice in Richmond who are looking for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing so you must be capable in each area, drawing from experience working in a small animal practice. You will have the skills and experience to lead the nursing team with confidence and the ability to balance empathising with clients and maintaining your professionalism. You will be prepared to develop your skills by working closely with the whole team and must have an excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your general nursing skills will involve managing the kennels, assisting in the operating theatre and consulting.
The role is full time with working hours between 9am and 7pm, along with weekends on a rota. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Assisting in the day to day running of the practice
- Admissions & discharges
- Working alongside the non-clinical and clinical team to ensure the smooth delivery of patient and client care
- Be responsible and take ownership of tasks
- Monitoring operations and assisting the Vet in surgery
- Administering medications and taking records accurately
- In patient care
- Nurse clinics
- Measuring blood pressure, sampling, and pharmacy work
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time, between 9am and 7pm
- Weekends: On a rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 4 Vets, 2 RVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provide Mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development
- You will have excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have good administrative skill for stock control
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Hospital ward
- Salary: 22,000 to 26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance and support
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Healthcare scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, VDS)
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8479
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.