We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Old Kent Road South London. This role is open to part-time and full-time applicants. There is a 1:4 weekend rota comprising of Saturdays and Sundays. There is no ooh.
This is a bright spacious and purpose-built practice offering 1st opinion Veterinary Services.
About the role:
They are looking for a confident nurse who has a genuine passion for animal welfare. They must be able to work well with others and have excellent customer service skills. The role involves all aspects of general nursing including:
- Assisting the Veterinary Surgeon in Theatre
- Running Nurse Clinics
- Administering Medications
- Updating patient records
- Recording results
- Greeting clients
- Delivering a high standard of clinical care to patients
- Adhering to practice protocols and policies
The practice are dedicated to providing a high standard of clinical and patient care so it is important that the Nurse shares this ethos and actively promotes this. They must have an enthusiastic can do attitude and be able to make decisions on their own when required and take ownership of their tasks.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday (Full or Part-Time)
- Weekends: Yes - 1 in 3
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vets, 4 Nurses and additional reception staff
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Opportunity to run nurse clinics and mentor others
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will be confident with theatre work and nurse clinics
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own tasks
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services that one would expect in a large modern veterinary hospital.
- Operating Theatre
- Orthopaedic Services
- Cruciate Surgery
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 22,000 - 27,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 Weeks annual and Birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 10064
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.