£23,000 to £28,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Nurse - Nottingham
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse or soon to be?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice?
- Do you want to join a close-knit and dynamic nursing team?
Are you looking for…
- A great salary of up to £28,000?
- An excellent work-life balance?
- No OOH work?
- A generous CPD allowance?
We are recruiting on behalf of a busy small animal practice in Nottingham for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join their growing team. This role is full time for 4 or 5 days per week with shifts of 8 or 10 hours, along with 1 in 4 weekends with time off in lieu for OOH duty night checks.
This is an established practice with a highly experienced team of skilled vets and nurses, offering an excellent opportunity for the RVN to develop their nursing skill set and knowledge.
The practice prides itself on delivering a high standard of veterinary care and boasts an excellent reputation within the community. It offers a full range of services to clients with a mixture of walk-ins and appointments. The practice is a modern purpose-built building with operating theatres, consulting rooms and state of the art equipment. The offer a wide range of modern clinical services and preventative healthcare advice and education to their clients. They also are fully equipped to deal with more complex medical and surgical cases including orthopaedic services.
About the role
The role involves all aspects of general nursing. The right candidate will be encouraged and supported fully to work to the best of their ability with plenty of new opportunities available to them in this growing business. The RVN must be enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare and committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care. The RVN must be keen to continue developing their knowledge and development by continuing to learn whilst also demonstrating excellent customer facing skills and able to establish good working relationships with both clients and fellow team members.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 or 5 days per week, shifts of 8 or 10 hours
- Weekends: 1 in 4 weekends
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 4 vets, 6 RVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
In a state-of-the-art, fully equipped, spacious, purpose-built clinic you will have the opportunity to develop your clinical skills with the benefit of an interesting and diverse caseload, the support of a fantastic, forward-thinking team while working for a company with strong values. This company truly care about all their team members and the people and pets they look after and want to give more people access to high quality veterinary care by being affordable and convenient for all their customers, whilst not compromising on veterinary standards. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as this is a young, growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities emerging.
- You will have good solid experience in all areas of general nursing
- You will be enthusiastic and passional about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will be ambitious and keen to continually improve on your professional knowledge and experiences
- Previous coaching experience would be advantageous
- You will be happy to continually educate owners on pet welfare and preventative care
- You will be motivated with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Flexible rota allowing for a great work-life balance
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35070
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.