We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Lincoln.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week, with no ooh. They have plenty of weekend cover from within the team, so these are adhoc, but you would need to be willing to flex up to 1 in 4 if needed.
This is an established purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art equipment offering a wide range of 1st opinion Veterinary Services. It is bright modern and spacious and has all the toys you would expect from a purpose built practice.
About the role
The Nurses within the practice currently are responsible for more than the average nurse position would offers. The role is very varied and involves shifts of theatre, preparation, clinics, consultations, and wards. The nurse would be joining an existing team of 6 vets, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and 3 Receptionists. They are looking for an additional RVN to join their team. they require someone with a good level of nursing experience, who enjoys working as part of a team. They need to have excellent customer service and communications skills and a genuine passion for animal welfare.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: 1:4 Weekends
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 6 vets, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and 3 Receptionists
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Opportunity to run nurse clinics and mentor others
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will be confident with theatre work and nurse clinics
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own tasks
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a range of veterinary facilities and services including:
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- CR Radiography
- Dental Radiography
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 21,000 - 25,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 Weeks annual and Birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: CPD and Diplomas are encouraged and fully funded
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.