£22,000-£26,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) neededto join an independent practice in Leighton Buzzard due to expansion.
This is a modern, small animal veterinary practice, with a fantastic team of vets and nurses in place. They are looking for an additional veterinary nurse to join them on a full-time, permanent basis.
This role would suit all qualified candidates looking to join a busy, faced paced practice with a high surgical load and a variety of cases.
If you have a particular speciality in nursing, such as nutrition or behavioural care the practice would be really keen to hear from you.
Key Job Details:
- Type: Small animal
- Hours Mon-Fri: 40 hours per week, 9 hour shifts between 8:30am & 7:00pm
- Weekends: 1 in 7 weekends, Saturday 8:30am-1:30pm and then on call for rest of the weekend
- OOH: 1 in 7 on call and weekend rota
- Branch work: None required currently (plans to expand later in the year)
- Team: 7 Vets, 4 RVN's, 1 SVN and 5 animal care assistants
This busy, small animal independent veterinary practice have a great reputation within the local area and boast a loyal client base. The practice has big plans for 2021 and is due to be moving into a bigger, shinier practice and also expanding into some local branches too. They have a great team with a mixture of experienced certificate holders to those just starting out on their veterinary careers. The practice actively supports career development and will happily fund and support CPD requirements that benefit both parties.
The practice is currently offering a variety of services including vaccinations, worming, microchipping, neutering, dental work, x-rays, ultrasound, ECG and an out of hours service.
- You will be a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- You will be driven and ambitious and looking to take your career to the next step and develop your clinical and skills
- Salary 22,000-26,000 per annum (depending on experience and skills set_
- CPD Generous Allowance 3 days to attend
- 20 days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid professional memberships
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7387
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.