£12,272 to £30,446 pro rata
Part time / Permanent
A charity hospital in Leicester are recruiting a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This role is part time for 12 to 30.5 hours per week on weekends only.
The practice requires an RVN who provides a high standard of customer and clinical care. Educating clients on pet healthcare and preventative health measures is vitally important so the nurse would be expected to share this ethos.
The Hospital is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. The nurse will be joining a large team of vets, nurses and veterinary care assistants. The role offers all aspects of general nursing with the from assisting in theatre, to looking after in patients. The hospital is also a nurse training practice and along with the team offers a mixed variety of levels of experience.
It provides a wide variety of cases and the opportunity for a nurse to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge.
The practice is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic nurse who has a good level of nursing experience and shares their ethos of educating the public on preventative animal welfare. The role offers excellent opportunities for the nurse to develop their surgical and medical skills.
- Part time for 12 to 30.5 hours per week
- Vet nurses shifts typically are from 8am to 4:30pm to 9:30am to 6pm
- Weekends only
- No OOH, as this is fully outsourced
- The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone looking to further develop their skills.
- They have the work-life balance sorted and are flexible on the working hours
- Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the role:
- The Nurse will be working as part of the team with a variety of duties from supporting the theatre, inpatient care, consults, admission, dispensing medications, maintaining hygiene and encouraging financial contributions.
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- There is an opportunity to perform schedule three surgeries with training and support
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
- As the UK's leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets' lives - through prevention, education and treatment.
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
- They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven into the help improve the lives of every pet.
- Salary: 12,272 to 30,446 pro rata, commensurate to hours and experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS fees paid
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 12507
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.