£22,000 to £26,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Leeds who are looking for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse.
You will be joining a talented, collaborative team based in a lively practice in the busy city of Leeds. The role will involve all aspects of nursing and you will be prepared to develop your skills by working closely with the whole team. You must have an excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your general nursing skills will involve managing the kennels, assisting in the operating theatre and consulting, with the last consultation of the day scheduled 45 minutes before the end of the day to ensure you leave on time.
The role is full time with flexible hours to suit you, along with 1 in 3 weekends. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Assisting in the day to day running of the practice
- Admissions and discharges
- Working alongside the non-clinical and clinical team to ensure the smooth delivery of patient and client care
- Be responsible and take ownership of tasks
- Monitoring operations and assisting the vet in surgery
- Administering medications and taking records accurately
- In patient care
- Nurse clinics
- Measuring blood pressure, sampling, and pharmacy work
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, flexible hours to suit you
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 8 vets, 7 RVNs, 5 SVNs, 3 VCAs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provide mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development
- You will have excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have good administrative skill for stock control
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services, including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Isolation unit
- Blood pressure monitor
- In-house laboratory
- Nurse clinic
- Fracture repair
- Salary: 22,000 to 26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Holidays: 25 days annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Contributory pension scheme available
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Healthcare scheme
- Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13666
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.