£21,000 - £28,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse join a busy practice in Knutsford, Great Manchester on a full time, permanent basis. This is a first opinion practice whose ethos is based on clinical excellence, excellent customer service and patient care.
This role is 37.5 hours a week working on a varied shift pattern : Monday to Friday between 8 am to 7:30 pm Monday and Tuesday and 8 am to 7:00 pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.There is a 1:8 Saturday mornings 8:30 to 12:30 with time back in lieu.
The role also includes working a 1:8 rota at a branch practice in Warrington 9 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday, plus a share of their Bank Holiday rota (usually one Bank Holiday per year).
Part time applications considered.
This role would be ideal for an experienced RVN who is confident in all areas of veterinary nursing and someone who is happy to be a clinical coach and mentor to others.
About the role:
The role is ideal for either an experienced RVN or a newly qualified RVN due to the level of support available. This is an excellent opportunity for the RVN to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge whilst working in a large busy team seeing a wide variety of cases.
The role involves all aspects of nursing, so it is a varied role. This allows nursing skills to be utilised to their full potential with each day being different. The practice has a strong ethos on personal development and CPD and continual learning is actively supported and encouraged.
- Type: Small animal only
- Hours: 37.5 hour week between 8:00am and 6:30pm each day
- Weekends: 1:8 Saturday mornings 8:30 to 12:30 with time back in lieu and a 1:8 Saturday and Sunday working 9am - 5pm at a branch surgery close by.
- Sole charge: None required
- Branch work: Unlikely to be required
- Team: 3 Vet 3 Nurse
- Consultations: 15 minutes appointments
- Multiple Branch surgeries across the area
- Award winning practice
- Large loyal client base
- Works closely with local referral practice and have regular seminars offering continual learning and development with more complex referral cases
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- State of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
They are looking for a compassionate, hard working and reliable veterinary nurse whose passion for the industry is clear with everything they do. It is important that you are fully qualified and registered with the RCVS. Customer service skills are also of high importance, as they require all nurses to assist the reception team when required.
- Salary 21,000 - 28,000 commensurate to experience
- Generous CPD allowance 600 and 3 days off to attend
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and Birthday off
- Paid professional memberships
- Excellent career development opportunity
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8477
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.