£22,000 to £26,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are working with an independent small animal practice located in Ingatestone who are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing so you must be capable in all areas, pulling from your experience working in a small animal practice. You will have the ability to balance empathising with clients and maintaining your professionalism. You will be prepared to develop your skills by working closely with the whole team and must have an excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your main nursing duties will involve in-patient care, taking blood samples, radiography, anaesthesia, dental work, theatre nursing and some nurse consults.
The role is full time with shifts from 7am to 4pm, 8am to 5pm, 10am to 7pm or 12am to 8pm. There will also be 1 in 8 weekends with Fridays from 12pm to 8pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 5pm. You will then be on-call for the whole weekend for an increased rate of 40 per night, plus overtime if you are actually called in.
When working a weekend, the nurses are on-call for that weekend so the nurse will take a pager home from 8pm on Friday to 7am the following Monday. The vet will call or page the nurse if they need assistance with an emergency appointment outside of the normal weekend working hours. Night checks and medications are done by the intern vets who live above the practice. Nurses must be within 30 minutes of the hospital when on-call and there is a nurses' bedroom onsite where the on-call nurse can stay if they wish.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, shifts between 7am and 8pm
- Weekends: 1 in 8 weekends, Fridays from 12pm to 8pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 5pm, then on-call
- OOH: 1 in 8 weekends, paid 40 per night when on-call plus overtime if called in
- TOIL: Friday and Mondays off in lieu of working a weekend
- Branch work: Minimal, other branches in area so possibility for cover
- Computer system: Eclipse
- Team: 9 vets, 9 RVNs, 2 SVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- They offer a professional but fun environment, where client and patient care are balanced with great team morale and enjoyment of their wonderful job
- This role requires excellent clinical and customer service skills, with an ability to practice sole charge from time to time
- You will be able to maximise your nursing skill set working here
- They are a friendly, family oriented practice with a happy, hardworking team and loyal clients
- They have a modern, bright and spacious practice which has excellent facilities including kennels and cattery for hospitalisation, full surgical facilities, all routine surgery on site, X-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab facilities
- You will need to be confident in your own abilities and have excellent clinical and customer service skills to succeed in this
- Teamwork, patient care, high standards and building relationships with clients are at the forefront of what they do
- They are looking for an enthusiastic, goal oriented and self-motivated veterinary nurse to continue the rapid growth of the practice
- You will need to be comfortable liaising with other veterinary team members, specialists and service providers
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment, including:
- In-house laboratory
- Salary: 22,000 to 26,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Membership to another professional body of choice
- Excellent career opportunities and development
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Contributory pension scheme
- Critical illness cover and life insurance
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 15135
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.