We are recruiting a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join a practice in Exeter, Devon.This role is full or part time with weekends on a rota.
The nurse will be joining a large team of 7 vets, 9 nurses and 1 SVN. It is a bright and modern practice offering modern veterinary services and facilities.
The role involves all aspects of general nursing. They are looking for a supportive and friendly nurse who has excellent communication and customer service skills. They will enjoy all aspects of Veterinary Nursing and have a genuine passion for animal welfare.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time
- Weekends: On a rota
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 minutes
- Team: 7 vets, 9 RVNs, 1 SVN and reception team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team of vets and nurses
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills
- You will enjoy running nurse clinics
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services, including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Digital X-ray
- Isolation unit
- Blood pressure monitor
- In-house laboratory
- Pet passport
- Hospital ward
- Salary: 22,000 to 26,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Contributory pension scheme available
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Branded uniform provided
- Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13584
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.