£22,000 to £28,000 per annum dependant on experience
Full time / Permanent
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a practice in Crawley, West Sussex. The role will be split between two branches. The role will be situated in one branch during the week, whereas weekends and late shifts will be worked at a second branch.
The role will suit an individual who has excellent communication skills to deliver the best quality service to the practice's loyal clients. You must be an RCVS Registered Nurse with experience in a small animal practice who puts animal care and the welfare for both pets and owners above all else. The practice is looking for someone who is willing to go above and beyond for the patients and clients, developing trusting relationships with both.
You will also assist in the development your fellow nursing staff's skills, as well as your own, and be able to work effectively as a team to deliver excellent care to all clients and patients. This clinic has an interesting variety of cases to deal with, allowing you to develop your nursing skills.
The role involves you working full time for 40 hours a week, along with 1 in 3 weekends. There will be a share of bank holidays and on-call.
The role involves all aspects of nursing and includes sharing best practice and supporting and developing the rest of the nursing team. The nurse will be responsible for supporting the PCA's and CCA'S within the team. They will be part of the nurse clinics that run daily. The RVN will be involved in administering treatments and medications, performing diagnostic tests, assisting in surgeries, and providing advice to clients. They will also have clinical coaching opportunities to support SVNs within the region. There are a certain number of administrational duties however support is provided from the regional team.
The role is ideal for an RVN who thrives on providing a high level of veterinary care, teaching student nurses and someone who is ambitious to develop their career.
There is continual support and mentoring available. There are ongoing internal courses to develop clinical skills and personal skills as well as training to help communicate delicate information to clients.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and prides themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff and patients benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest 24hr animal hospital.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Weekends: 1:4 weekends
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You will be a Qualified Veterinary Nurse who is registered with the RCVS
- You will have previous experience of working in a small animal practice
- You will have a good amount of nursing experience in all aspects of nursing
- You will have good organisational skills
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be approachable at all times
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will be forward thinking and always looking at ways to develop the clinical nursing team further
- You will enjoy running nurse clinics
- You will have experience in clinical coaching and or happy to become a clinical coach
- You will enjoy leading a team and providing ongoing support to fellow team members
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy mentoring others and leading by example
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole surgery
- Salary: Up to 22,000 to 28,000per annum dependant on experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Generous CPD allowance and CPD leave
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 12518
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.