We are recruiting for a small animal practice in Craigleith for a Permanent RVN to join them.
This is a part time position for 20 hours per week and the days worked are negotiable.
The practice offer longer consultations of 30 minutes to ensure you have enough time to go into detail with each customer. They also offer a paid lunch break.
The practice provide a friendly working environment and they are a close-knit group of people who regularly go on social outings - COVID permitted and they understand the importance of a good work / life balance. The Partner ensures that the practice has a family feel environment to it.
The Nurse would be joining a team of 3 Vets - one with a certificate in emergency medicine and studying for a masters in behaviour and then another studying towards a dermatology certificate. There is a team of 3 Nurses and one who has a certificate in feline nursing. There is also a supportive nonclinical team.
As a bonus they are also happy for you to bring your dog to work with you! They can consider applications from full or part time applicants and from applicants who are looking for flexible working hours.
The roles involve all aspects of general nursing including:
- Assisting in the day to day running of the practice
- Admissions & Discharges
- Working alongside the non-clinical and clinical team to ensure the smooth delivery of patient and client care.
- Be responsible and take ownership of tasks
- Monitoring operations and assisting the Vet in surgery
- Administering medications and taking records accurately
- In patient care
- Nurse clinics
- Measuring blood pressure, sampling, and pharmacy work.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Part time, 20 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 4
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 30 minutes
- Team: 3 vets 3 Nurses 1 SVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provides Mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development.
- You will have excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have good administrative skill for stock control
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X -RAY
- Isolation Unit
- Dental X-RAY
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Salary: 22,000 to 26,000 commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave and Birthday off - increases with 2 years' service
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance 2 Days leave
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7706
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.