£22,000 - £28,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Burgess Hill West Sussex. This is a full-time role working a 4-day week with only 1 Saturday per month!
The practice is looking for an enthusiastic and experience nurse to join the nursing team. The RVN would be joining a team of 7 Vets and 7 RVNS and 1 SVN along with a practice manager and non-clinical support team.
This is a modern and purpose-built practice which offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including ultrasonography, digital x-ray, in house laboratory and separate dog and cat isolation wards. They are a busy practice and see a wide variety of cases and they pride themselves on going that extra mile for all of their clients.
Their role would include all aspects of day-to-day nursing and in additional they would control and order the stock, manage the nurse team and bring new ideas to the table on how the practice can make changes to run even more efficiently.
The role involves all aspects of general nursing including
- Assisting in the day to day running of the practice
- Admissions & Discharges
- Working alongside the non-clinical and clinical team to ensure the smooth delivery of patient and client care.
- Be responsible and take ownership of tasks
- Monitoring operations and assisting the Vet in surgery
- Administering medications and taking records accurately
- In patient care
- Nurse clinics
- Measuring blood pressure, sampling, and pharmacy work.
- It is important that the nurse Is able to multitask and prioritise their workload enabling the smooth running of the practice. Some if the nurses within the team have additional qualifications and are doing further studies so this would be fully encouraged and supported.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 day week
- Weekends: 1 Saturday per month
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 6 Vets 8 Nurses and non-clinical team.
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provides Mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills
- You will enjoy mentoring and training fellow nurses where required
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development.
- You will have excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have good administrative skill for stock control
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X -RAY
- Isolation Unit
- Dental X-RAY
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Salary: 22,000 - 28,000 commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave and Birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance 2 Days leave
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7391
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.