£21,000 - £24,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Nurses to join a practice in Bridgwater Somerset. This is either a full or part time role and a 1:4 weekend rota. There is no ooh.
The nurse would be joining a supportive team of 4 Vets, 3 Nurses and 1 VCA along with a non-clinical team.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for a nurse to utilise all their nursing skills to their full potential and will be involved in:
In Patient care
The practice is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house laboratory and orthopaedic surgery kits.
The Nurse will have a good amount of previous experience and solid all round nursing skills. They will work great as part of a team and have excellent client facing skills and be able to establish good working relationships easily. They will be confident with a friendly and approachable manner, have an empathetic attitude and work well under pressure.
The role involves all aspects of general nursing including:
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time
- Weekends: Yes 1:4 weekend rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 4 Vets 3 Nurses, 1 VCA and non-clinical team.
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provides Mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X -RAY
- Isolation Unit
- Dental X-RAY
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Salary: 21,000 - 24,000 commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave and Birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance 2 Days leave
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.