£22,000 to £26,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Barry, Wales for a Veterinary Nurse to join them on a Permanent basis.
The practice is looking for an enthusiastic RVN looking to further their skills. Along with the regular small animals, a small number of birds, reptiles and fish are also seen by the practice but previous experience caring for these animals is not necessary. The role will involve all aspects of nursing, including assisting surgeons during procedures and supporting other colleagues in the development of their skills. You will be friendly and supportive to clients, having the ability to empathise with them during a potentially stressful time. You will be able to work both independently and collaboratively. You should also be confident in working some sole charge.
This role will involve you working full time from Monday to Friday, with 1 in 3 weekends.
- Leading the nursing team
- Assisting in the day to day running of the practice
- Admissions & Discharges
- Working alongside the non-clinical and clinical team to ensure the smooth delivery of patient and client care
- Be responsible and take ownership of tasks
- Monitoring operations and assisting the Vet in surgery
- Administering medications and taking records accurately
- In patient care
- Nurse clinics
- Measuring blood pressure, sampling, and pharmacy work
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday to Friday, full time
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 2 Vets, 2 RVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- ISFM accredited cat friendly clinic
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provides mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development
- You will have excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have good administrative skill for stock control
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services including:
- Emergency cover
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Operating theatre
- Digital X-ray
- Isolation unit
- Doppler blood pressure monitor
- In-house laboratory
- Weight clinic
- Soft tissue surgery
- Nurse clinics
- Salary: Up to 22,000 to 26,000 per annum
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave, plus birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance and support
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Healthcare scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7368
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.