We are recruiting for a full time Veterinary Care assistant to join a practice in Southampton. They are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual who will provide a high-quality service to both patients and clients. Previous experience in the veterinary field is advantageous but not essential. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week and also a weekend rota of 1:4. There is plenty if support and scope for professional development in this growing thriving practice. The role involves supporting and running of the clinic and the rest of the nursing team.
The practice offers a range of services to its clients, from preventative healthcare to complex surgical and orthopaedic cases. All practices are purpose built with state-of-the-art equipment with multiple operating theatres, consulting rooms, in house laboratories.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 Weekend rota
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 2 Vet 4 RVN team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Branch Work: When on call on a weekend
The practice is full equipped with all the toys as one would expect such as a modern laboratory suite, X Rays, Dental Suit and Ultrasound etc.
- You will be a motivated and caring individual
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have the drive and commitment to continue your professional development
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- 16,000 pro rata
- CPD allowance 180 1 day
- Holidays 28 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Paid professional memberships
- A relocation package maybe available for the right candidate
- Frequent team building and social events
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.