We are recruiting a Twilight Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent, small animal practice in Leigh, Greater Manchester due to an impressive continued growth of the business in the past 18 months.
This role includes working a 1pm - 10.30pm shifton a 2 day on 2 day off, 5 day on 5 day off rota
As an independent practice, they are able to action ideas which are presented to them, which they believe to be of benefit to their clients and their team members. They actively promote individuals to reach their full potential and follow their own interests. There is always support available from fellow team members many of whom are working towards certificates in medicine, surgery, exotics and ECC. They are flexible in their approach to their team members and will consider job sharing/part time applicants.
About the role:
The practice are looking for a fairly experienced Veterinary Surgeon who is confident in general surgical and medical cases. Previous experience of emergency surgeries is also desired, but not essential. They must have excellent customer service skills and enjoy establishing work relationships with clients and fellow team members. The practice can offer the surgeon a supportive and friendly working environment with excellent career development opportunities. Areas of special interest are welcome and supported.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will be happy to cover the twilight shift at another branch to cover sickness / annual leave
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Orthopaedic Services
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 40,000 - 55,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks off plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,000 allowance
- Support towards certificate and career development
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7375
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.