£25,000 to £35,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Theatre Veterinary Nurse - Barnet, Greater London
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse?
- Do you have an interest in theatre work?
- Would you like a salary of up to £35,000?
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Barnet, London for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join their theatre team. This role is full time for 40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days, along with 1 in 4 Saturdays with time off in lieu. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays, time off in lieu
- OOH: None
About the role:
- Permanent full-time position
- Working within the hospital
- The role will involve working in theatre, anaesthesia and the diagnostics area of the hospital. There is a lot of hands on nursing involved. Whilst the role is mainly theatre there is the opportunity to work in other wards within the hospital.
- The role offers a wide variety of cases.
- The role offers the RVN the opportunity to utilise all of their nursing skills
- The role offers a wide variety of shifts over a 4 day period with a 1:4 weekend rota.
- They understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible rota patterns to suit lifestyle.
- CPD is encouraged and funded
- Large 24hr animal Hospital. RCVS Tier 3 accredited.
- They have a large team of 14 Vets, 1- RVNs, 12SVNs and non clinical support team.
- They have certificate holding Vets and Nurses.
- They are fully equipped with all the toys including laparoscopy, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, onsite laboratory and ultrasound.
- The practice provides a high standard of care and customer service to all its patients and clients
- They have a large experienced team
- They have a friendly and welcoming culture
- They offer a supportive culture and encourage all of the team to pursue areas of special interest and place a high emphasis on ongoing learning and development
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment
- The RVN will have a passion for theatre and anaesthesia work and looking to progress within this role.
- If the RVN was a clinical coach or willing to become a clinical coach this would be advantageous
- Ideally the RVN will be confident in their abilities which will then in turn enable them to be able to provide a high level of pet care
- The Nurse will have great communication skills and have an approachable manner
- They will provide an excellent service to all clients and be able to build rapport easily
- Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of £500 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Family friendly policies including maternity and paternity leave
- Private medical insurance
- Certificate support
- Workplace pension
- Further benefits such as retail and gym
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free uniform
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35067
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.