£40,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a senior veterinary surgeon to work full-time at this hugely successful small animal practice based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.
About the practice
This is a growing and thriving practice and have a caring team of people who are passionate about the pets that they treat and offer high quality affordable veterinary care to all customers without ever compromising on standards. they are a progressive forward-thinking practice, and they value all team members and actively encourage and support career progression and development.
It is a full equipped purpose-built clinic offering a wide variety of modern veterinary services with all the latest toys. They have an exciting case load with some more complex cases both surgically and medically.
By joining this well established and successful small animal practice, you will be part of a social team dedicated to teamwork and providing a superb standard of client and animal care.
About the role:
The position offers working a 4-day week with a generous 1:4 weekend rota. This averages out at 37 hours per week. They believe in the importance of a good work / life balance and offering the continual opportunity to progress and develop your clinical skills.
This role would suit a candidate with at least 5 years UK experience to come into this practice and hit the ground running leading the team. The Vet must be passionate and dedicated to providing high quality veterinary care.
As a senior Vet within the practice you would be an integral part in the running of the dynamic and forward-thinking practice. Supporting and encouraging fellow colleagues to work to the best of their ability utilising their skills set to the maximum is also important, so a keen interest in mentoring would be advantageous. You will be an ambitious surgeon who wishes to continue to develop your professional knowledge and clinical skill set. Areas of special interest will be supported, and certificates funded. Excellent communication skills and customer service skills are vital.
- Hours: Full-time (37-hour week)
- Monday- Friday: 4 days a week, Shifts between 8.00am-8.00pm each day
- Weekends: 1 : 4 on a rota basis
- Sole charge: None involved with this role
- Branch work: None involved with this role
- OOH: None involved with this role
- Team: 1 Vet 2 Nurse 1 SVN and supporting staff
- You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience
- You will be happy to coaching / mentor fellow colleagues
- Previous leadership experience would be advantageous but not essential
- You will actively input into the progression and growth of the practice
- You will be passionate, and a dedicated veterinary surgeon committed to delivering a high standard of veterinary care
- You will have excellent communication and customer service skills
- You will have a caring attitude and strive to continually improve your professional knowledge.
- You will be ambitious and looking to progress.
They offer a bright, spacious, air-conditioned surgery that is built to industry leading standards and is fully equipped with all the latest technology. They offer a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including orthopaedic services and surgery. Other facilities include:
- Digital X-Ray
- In House Laboratory
- Separate dog and cat wards
- Salary: 45,000 - 50,000
- Career development opportunities
- 1500 funded CPD allowance per annum
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- RCVS & VDS Fees paid
- 5% pension contribution
- Free food Fridays
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
4+ years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.