£55,000 - £65,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We have an opportunity for a Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Leicester.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a Vet who is looking for a step up in the career and looking to take n a new challenge.
This is an established first opinion clinic which has two sites and are located close to motorway and rail links to Birmingham and London yet are located within a semi-rural area providing a lovely small town living environment. There are plenty of good schools and activities for a great family life and offers great places to eat and drink.
The role will be full time for 40 hours per week over 4 days. This can be more flexible to suit the right candidate. There will be no weekends, OOH or on-call requirements.
The practice is continuing to expand and are soon to open another site as well as improving the current locations so need a proactive senior Veterinary Surgeon. The right person will be a team player and be excited to be involved in the expansion plans.
The role will involve all aspects of Veterinary work but will also involve colleague training, welfare and development of the team and assisting the clinical director. They will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of the branches. A Vet looking towards studying for a certificate would be an advantage but not essential to the role.
The Vet would be joining a large highly experienced team which can offer additional learning opportunities by sharing their expertise. They also boast a large supportive nursing team who are responsible for providing full service in terms of animal care and to clients and colleagues.
The practice understands the importance of staff welfare and have a support system in place to ensure that they provide a enjoyable place to work.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week over 4 days, can be more flexible
- Weekends: None
- OOH: None
- On-call: None
- Sole charge: None
- Branch Work: None
- Team: 5 vets, 5 RVNs, 2 SVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Large supportive team
- Offers a fantastic work-life balance
- Offers clinical freedom to a Vet
- Can provide support for new graduate Vet
- Offers modern veterinary services, diagnostics and facilities to small animals
- Large loyal client base
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Can provide ongoing training and development where required
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Various levels of experience will be considered
- You will be confident in all routine surgeries and consultations
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- Youi will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You will be ambitious looking to study towards a certificate or be a certificate holding surgeon looking to progress further
- You will be a team player
- The role is not determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the Vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop your clinical skills and knowledge further
- Areas of special interest would be an advantage
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment including:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Salary: 55,000 to 65,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holiday: 7.3 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance plus 5 days leave
- Certificates: Supported and funded
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life insurance
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 12474
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.