£21,000 - £24,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse to join an independent small animal practice in Hounslow. This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours per week and a 1:4 weekend rota. The RVN would be joining a 3 Vet, 5 RVN practice.
The practice is one of three local branches and is also a Nurse training practice. The RVN would be required tro help train and mentor fellow Nurses however previous experience with coaching whilst advantageous is not essential. The role involves all aspects of general nursing.
They require a hardworking RVN with a cheerful persona. The practice values the hard work of Nurses and what they bring to the practice and to patient care. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team that actively promotes nurse training and development leading to a very rewarding role.
Hours: Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week 8am - 8pm
Sole charge: None
Team: 3 Vet 5 RVN and support team
Consultations: 15 Minutes
The practice is one of three branches within the area and is well established with an excellent reputation. They value the hard work of the Nurses and two of the three branches are dedicated training practices for Nurses.
The practice offers consultations every day of the week and have state of the at facilities and equipped to handle more complex medical cases and investigations. The have in patient care facilities at two of their branches so that they can look after animals through the night. They offer OOH until 10pm at which point they switch over to an OOH service. The practice actively promotes the ethos of preventative care and runs pet care group sessions to educate the public on how to take the best possible care of their pets.
- Air conditioned
- Imagining - Ultrasound and radiology
- Kennel and Cattery
- 2 operating theatres
- Dental suite
- Laser therapy
- Onsite parking
- Overnight nursing facilities
- Isolation Ward
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a cheerful attitude whilst also be hard working
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- 21,000 - 24,000 pro rata
- CPD allowance
- 4 weeks Holiday
- Paid professional memberships
- Onsite free parking
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.