We are recruiting for a permanent registered veterinary nurse to join a busy small animal practice in Kidderminster. This is a full-time position offering 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota. There are no OOH.
This is a busy established practice with an excellent reputation within the community. The role involves all aspects of general nursing ranging from
- Administering treatments
- Schedule 3 procedures
- Utilising your surgical and medical nursing skills
- Taking X-Rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Nursing in patients
- Dispensing drugs
- Undertake professional and personal development within the role
The practice sees a wide variety of mixed cases and they are continuing to grow so there is an opportunity for professional development here which is very supported. The team comprises of 3 Vet, 2 RVN, SVN and supporting staff.
They require an experienced nurse with a friendly attitude and someone who works well under pressure. Excellent customer service and communication skills are key and the ability to self-motivate to work by themselves and part of a team is also important. They are looking for someone with a friendly and down to earth attitude and a genuine passion for what they do.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturday 9am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 4pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet, 2 RVN, SVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported with funding for certificates
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be confident in making decisions
- You will be self-motivated to work well individually when required but also as part of a team
- You will have strong organisational / administrative skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will have excellent communications skills
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 19,000 - 24,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks and Birthdays off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Funded Certificates
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Life Insurance
- Income protection
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.