A small animal hospital in Cardiff are recruiting a permanent registered nurse to join their growing team. this is a new state of the art hospital with all modern state of the art facilities.
The right applicant must have a genuine interest in critical care work and emergency work and will be expected to also assist in all routine surgeries also. Therefore, previous experience working in emergency / critical care and in a busy hospital would be advantageous.
- Full time: 40 Hours per week
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturdays 8.30am - 1pm.
- Branch Work: Yes
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: Multi Vet and Nurse team.
- Other: OOH is available as extra work if required
This is a new progressive forward-thinking Hospital which is part of a veterinary group with numerous branches, hospitals and referral centres. All have state of the art equipment and provide modern working facilities. They pride themselves in delivering a high standard of clinical care and look after members of staff offering ongoing support for personal development and career development. They provided an excellent customer service and have an excellent reputation within the community.
- You will have good general nursing experience
- Previous experience in a hospital or emergency care would be advantageous
- You will have excellent patient care skills and communication skills
- You will be happy to work across all areas of the hospital - surgeries, wards, consultations and procedures.
- You will be confident in monitoring anaesthetics and assisting in veterinary procedures
- You would adhere to the practice set nursing protocols and ensure they are maintained to the highest standards
- You will be a team player, able to multitask with an open and approachable manner.
- 21,000 - 24,000 pro rata
- CPD funded 500 allowance 2 days off to attend
- 4 weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Holiday allowance increases with years of service
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in Lieu
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Excellent customer service and communication skills
6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.