A small animal practice in Aylesbury are recruiting a permanent registered nurse to join their busy practice. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a 1:4 weekend rota which is a Saturday 8.30am - 5pm and Sunday 10.30am - 3.30pm. There is no on call or overnight work looking after in patients.
About the role:
The practice seeks an experienced veterinary nurse who is professional, enthusiastic and works well as part of a team. they would be part of a team of 5 Vet, 3 RVN and 2 SVN. They require a confident RVN who is happy to run nurse clinics and support fellow team members. Excellent customer service skills are key and the ability to grow relationships with clients and team members. The role involves all aspects of general nursing.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday 8.30am - 5pm Sunday 10.30am - 3.30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 5 Vet 3 RVN, 2 SVNs and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Areas of special interest are supported
- Offers a role involving all aspects of general nursing
- No OOH and a great working / home life balance
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Supportive team
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will be caring and empathetic
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Salary: 21,000 - 25,000
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged - CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Partnership: Possible future partnership opportunities available for the right person
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.