£30,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Northampton.
This is a full time position with a 1:3 weekend rota with no ooh. There is some occasional sole chare work involved.
The practice is located within 10 minutes of the town centre with access to local amenities and transport links. It also offers on site parking.
The practice us purpose built offering a modern and spacious working environment with the latest technology.
About the role
The practice is now wishing to expand their team and recruit an additional Vet to make a total of a 3 Vet team. they are looking for a confident Veterinary Surgeon who is confident in routine surgeries and consultations and happy with the occasional sole charge work.
They must have strong customer service and communication skills.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: 1:3 weekends Saturday 9am - 2pm
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 2 Nurses, support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations.
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks off plus bank holidays
- Volunteer paid leave - paid days off for you to volunteer for a charity of choice
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Free access to Retail Hub, a wellbeing service that includes access to professional support and counselling
- Death in service
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Support towards certificate and career development
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.