£35,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent ooh Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal hospital in Leeds.
This role offers a 1:3-week rota comprising of 7 nights on and 14 nights off.
This is a purpose built, large and busy 24hr practice with state-of-the-art facilities. They provide OOH cover and additional support to 15 practices across the West Yorkshire region so referral work, ECC work and in patient care, routine surgeries and consultations are all provided within the hospital.
They are looking for an enthusiastic confident OOH Vet to provide care for their varying and complex case load.
The Vet would be joining a team of 3 Night Vets, 3 Nurses and 3 VCAs. Usually, the Vet would be working with 1 other vet during the shift along with Nurses and VCAs. They are a friendly and supportive team and ongoing clinical and management support is available.
Who are they looking for
They are looking for a confident and pro-active Vet with a good medical and surgical skills. They will have previous experience with ECC and OOH work. They will embrace all aspects of the tole and deliver a high standard of [patient care. It is important that they work well as part of a team and keen to progress further and develop their own area of special interest.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time 7nights on 14 nights off
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 3 Nurses. 3 VCAs and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Large team of highly experienced Surgeons
- Nurse training practice
- Modern facilities with plan to extend practice further
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be forward thinking, ambitious and motivated Vet
- You will have a good amount of previous experience in ECC and OOH work
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be driven and ambitious
- Ambition to study towards areas of special interest are welcome but not essential for the role
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Orthopaedic surgical kit
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: Up to 35,000 - 55,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.