£45,000 - £55,000 per year
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon to join a 24hr animal Hospital in Watford Hertfordshire. This role involves working a 7 night on and 21 nights off rota. Monday - Sunday. They require a confident Vet who has a minimum of 2 years' experience within a small animal practice and someone who is capable of sole charge working and dealing with emergency cases.
The Hospital has a large team of highly experienced Veterinary staff including 5 certificate holding Veterinary Surgeons. There is also a team of 12 nurses and collectively they provide referral support for 16 branch surgeries within the surrounding area. The practice provides high standard of clinical care and prides themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in this state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
The role is ideal for a Vet who has a passion for ECC work and perhaps either has a certificate in ECC or working towards one / would like to work towards one. Support is available. The role will involve providing emergency care for patients coming in after hours whilst also providing ongoing care of the in patients. The Vet will work alongside a dedicated night RVN and a patient care assistant.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: 7 Nights on 21 nights off
- Sole Charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: Large Veterinary team - working alongside night RVN
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have a passion for ECC work
- You will either have or wish to pursue a certificate in ECC
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- You will be confident in making clinical decisions
- An interest in pursuing a certificate would be supported and encouraged
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will set a positive working environment and lead by example
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available and with access to including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- CT Scanner
- Salary: 45,000 - 55,000 Commensurate to experience pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays pro rata
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.