£55,000 - £65,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Rotherham South Yorkshire.
This is a full-time role working 7 nights on and 7 nights off. The role also offers flexible working hours either full or part time. The practice is a 24hr purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art facilities with digital x-ray, Ultrasound and full body CT Scanner and in-house laboratory.
The practices are part of a group of practices within the area and they offer the very best in diagnostic equipment to deliver a high standard of clinical are. They pride themselves on providing continual training support for all members of the team offering access to a dedicated training centre.
About the role
This role offers 7 nights on and 7 nights off rota. There is flexibility for part time working hours. The role would suit a Vet with an ECC Certificate or perhaps a Vet who would like to study towards an ECC Certificate. The practice requires a Vet who is confident in sole charge work and making sound clinical decisions. Previous experience in a night position would be an advantage however this is not essential. They Vet must be committed to providing high quality Veterinary Care. They will have access to all their patient's history at all times on the shared software so case continuity is provided. The role offers an exciting career development prospects with post graduate studies and partnerships.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 7 Nights on 7 Nights off
- Weekends: Yes
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large Veterinary Team
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 6 months experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- CT Imaging
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- 24hr care
- Salary: 55,000 - 65,000 Pro rata depending on experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.