£45,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Horsford Norwich. This is a full-time role working 7 nights on and 14 nights off.
This is a state of the art 24-hour animal hospital which is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities.
This is a new practice which comprises of a large veterinary team. It is modern, bright, and spacious and offers all the latest technology. They see a wide variety of cases and have a special interest in exotics and boast a dedicated exotic ward. They also have equipment including ultrasound and endoscopy and boast a cat friendly status.
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and prides themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
They are looking for a Vet who is passionate about ECC work. The role would be ideal for a Vet who either has a certificate in ECC or is interested and is working or wants to work towards a certificate as this would be supported. they practice are supportive and encourage growth and development of all staff members encouraging career progression.
They must be confident in working sole charge and be confident in making sound clinical judgements. Previous night experience is not essential for the role however an interest and previous knowledge in exotics would be an advantage.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: full time 7 Nights on and 14 nights off
- Weekends: Yes
- Sole Charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: Large Veterinary team within the 24hr practice
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- A passion for ECC work is desirable
- A certificate in ECC or a wish to pursue a certificate would be advantageous
- Previous knowledge and experience with exotics would be advantageous
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- Previous leadership experience is advantageous but not essential
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will me want to be at the forefront of the practice and drive it forward and increase client base
- You will set a positive working environment and lead by example
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available and with access to including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- CT Scanner
- Salary: 45,000 - 55,000 Commensurate to experience pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.