Commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Night Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal hospital in London. This is a 7 night on and 7 nights off position.
About the practice
This is a large 24hour hospital which is busy and sees a large number of cases all of which are very varied. It boasts state of the art facilities with all the latest diagnostic technology including MRI and CT, endoscopy, in house laboratory, digital x-ray and ultrasound.
The Vet would be joining a large team of 7 Vets as well as working with mobile and referral surgeons. The team us supported with a large team of 10 nurses and 5 care assistants.
The animal hospital provides support to all the Northwest London clinics as well as the south of England for more complex cases.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the animal hospital.
The role is providing emergency and critical care work throughout the night to both in house patients and those coming in through the door. The hospital is fully equipped with everything that you will need to provide excellent care to both patients and clients.
Ideally the Vet will be an experienced Night Vet with ECC and have a passion for providing emergency care. This however is not essential. ECC Certificate holders would be advantageous however there is the potential to study towards an ECC certificate if the Vet requires.
It is important that the Vet has a caring and approachable attitude with great communications skills. They must be confident and passionate about their work and ambitious to continue to develop their clinical knowledge and skill set. The role offers plenty of ongoing career progression opportunities. It also offers a great work life balance with working 7 nights on then 7 nights off.
The Vet is required to have a minimum of 2 years' experience and ideally some night work experience. A confidence in working sole charge is essential and working closely with the onsite support team is important.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 7 Nights on 7 Nights off
- Weekends: Yes
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: Yes
- Branch work: Some
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large Veterinary Team
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- You will have ECC experience ideally
- A certificate in ECC would be advantageous - there is opportunity to study towards
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- CT Imaging
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.