£43,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Emergency and Critical care Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Bury, Greater Manchester.
The practice is an emergency and critical care practice, and they require a Veterinary Surgeon to work a 30-hour week with every 6th week off. The 6th week is paid for and this equates to being paid an extra 8 week per year on top of the normal holiday allowance.
The practice is one of three clinics all small animal with this role working in the emergency clinic. They provide a 24hour emergency service.
About the role
This role offers the Vet and excellent opportunity to work with certificate holding surgeons and due to varied caseload, they can develop their medical and surgical skills further.
The practice firmly believes in continual learning and encourage areas of special interest therefore certificates are funded and supported. A competitive package is available along with an excellent work life balance.
If you are an ECC Vet looking for a role that offers you the opportunity to work with highly experienced Vets, whilst developing your own ECC abilities with a great work / life balance thrown in then this could be for you!
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 30 hours per week
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: No
- Team: Multi Vet and Nurse team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Established forward-thinking Practice
- 3 Branches
- Supportive and friendly
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Offers 8 weeks of paid leave on top of annual leave
- Comprises of a team of highly experienced certificate holding surgeons
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be passionate about ECC work
- If you hold a certificate in ECC this would be advantageous but not essential
- You would like to work towards a certificate in ECC work
- You will be competent in routine surgeries
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice is fully equipped with a range of equipment enabling them to deal with emergency situations. Including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Blood Machines
- Infusion Pumps
- Incubators / Intensive care
- Dental Suite
- In House Laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary - Starting from 43,000 upwards commensurate to experience
- CPD allowance
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 8 weeks paid leave on top of annual leave
- Certificates funded and supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 3 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.