Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse - Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse?
- Are you a focused and goal-orientated nurse?
Are you looking for...
- A fantastic salary package with great benefits?
- Support for post graduate qualifications?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal hospital located in Stockport for a Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse.
This role is part time for 22 hours per week over 2 days with shifts from 9pm to 9am. The 2 days will rotate on a 2-week basis between Tuesday and Wednesday one week, and then Friday and Saturday the next week.
You will have the confidence to work sole charge as this will be required from 1am to 7:30am. There will always be a vet onsite and an auxillary nurse.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing so you must be capable in all areas, pulling from your experience working in a small animal practice. You will have the ability to balance empathising with clients and maintaining your professionalism. You will be prepared to develop your skills by working closely with the whole team and must have an excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your general nursing skills will involve assisting in operating theatre, emergency operations, in-patient care, laboratory work and vet and nurse consultations. The position offers great exposure to ECC cases.
There is support available for RVNs who wish to pursue areas of special interest and study towards certificates.
- Type: Small animal referral
- Hours: Part time, 22 hours per week over 2 days
- Weekends: Saturday shifts included in week
- OOH: Yes
- Computer system: Animana
- They offer a professional but fun environment, where client and patient care are balanced with great team morale and enjoyment of their wonderful job
- This role requires excellent clinical and customer service skills, with an ability to practice sole charge from time to time
- You will be able to maximise your nursing skill set working here
- They are a friendly, family-oriented practice with a happy, hardworking team and loyal clients
- They have a modern, bright and spacious practice which has excellent facilities including kennels and cattery for hospitalisation, full surgical facilities, all routine surgery on site, x-ray, ultrasound and an in-house laboratory
- You will need to be confident in your own abilities and have excellent clinical and customer service skills to succeed in this
- Teamwork, patient care, high standards and relationships building with clients are at the forefront of what they do
- They are looking for an enthusiastic, goal oriented and self-motivated veterinary nurse to continue the rapid growth of the practice
- You will need to be comfortable liaising with other veterinary team members, specialists and service providers
- In-house laboratory
- Digital x-ray
- Separate cat and dog waiting areas
- Salary: £18,300 to £21,700 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays pro rata
- CPD: Generous allowance of £600
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Excellent career opportunities and development
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Contributory pension scheme
- Opt-in healthcare scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35706
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.