£30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse - Colchester, Essex
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary Nurse?
- Do you have a passion for ECC work and inpatient care?
- Are you looking for a new night position in Colchester, Essex?
We are recruiting on behalf of a brand new state of the art advanced practice in Colchester for a Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This role is full time with a working schedule of 4 nights on and 5 nights off with shifts from 8pm to 8am. There will be no on-call duties.
This is a great opportunity to join a large team comprising of 16 vets, 21 nurses and have exposure to an exciting caseload! They have an advanced team in place with certificate holders in ECC, ophthalmology, exotics, surgery and medicine. This state of the art practice is fully equipped with facilities including CT, endoscopy and ICU unit and can offer advanced orthopaedic, ultrasound, laparoscopic procedures and more.
The role will involve inpatient care and ECC nursing. The practice have an OOH service so the phone is diverted from 10pm to 8am therefore leaving the nurse available to be able to focus on in patient care. They will be working alongside a night Vet and a Veterinary Care Assistant. The position offers ongoing learning and development opportunities and exposure to a wide variety of complex cases.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 nights on and 5 nights off, shifts from 8pm to 8am
- Weekends: Yes
- OOH: Yes
- Sole charge: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 16 vets, 21 nurses and a supportive non-clinical team
- Brand new state of the art advanced practice
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provides mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have a passion for ECC work and in patient care.
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development.
- You will have excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have good administrative skill for stock control
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services, including:
- CT scanner
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Isolation unit
- Blood pressure monitor
- In-house laboratory
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 28 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- CPD:Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and BVA fees paid
- Contributory pension scheme available
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Healthcare scheme
- Branded uniform provided
- Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied caseload
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35009
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.