£32,000 - £37,000 pro rata per annum commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse, Brighton, East Sussex
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse or soon to be?
- Do you enjoy ECC work?
- Enjoy working with both 1st opinion and referral inpatients?
Would you like
- A salary of up to £37,000 per annum commensurate to experience?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Brighton, East Sussex for a Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse to join their team.
This role offer a flexible working pattern. The Night RVN will work shifts either 4.30pm - 1pm or 10pm - 9am. There is a 2:5 weekend rota. It is a 33 hour working week on a 10 week rota. Part time applications will also be considered.
- Type: Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse
- Hours: Full time 33 hours per week shifts either 4.30pm - 1pm or 10pm - 9am.
- Weekends: 2:5 weekend rota.
- Lieu: N/A
- OOH: Yes
- On call: None
- Salary: £37,000 pro rata per annum commensurate to experience
- Team: 5 ECC Vets and a team of night RVNs and ACAs and SVNs
- Flexible rota patterns are available to suit.
- No Bank Holidays
- The position offers a 33 hour working week on a 10 week rolling rota. Shifts are either 4.30pm - 1am or10pm - 9am. There is a 2:5 weekends.
- The role will be based with the ECC team within the Hospital. The Nurse will be working with a 5 Vet ECC team comprising of RVNs, SVNs and ACAs. Nearly all of the nurses hold certificates in ECC so this would be encouraged.
- The Nurse will also work closely with the 1st opinion and referral day team to collaborate skills within the team.
- The position is ideal for a Nurse who has a passion for ECC care. The duties will involve assisting the Vet with emergencies, triaging and inpatient care. The ECC nurse will also look after the referral patients that have been hospitalised.
- This role is ideal for a motivated and ambitious nurse who would like to make a difference and share and promote new ideas.
- The RVN will be expected to be dedicated to providing a high standard of patient care and be able to work well as part of a team whilst establishing excellent working relationships with clients.
- The role offers flexible work patterns to suit around lifestyle, school runs and school holidays.
- RCVS Accredited Animal Hospital with one branch practice.
- They offer 1st Opinion, ECC and Referral services.
- Nurse training practice - they actively encourage and support RVN development with some of the team holding post graduate qualifications. They also support those who wish to become clinical coaches.
- Large experienced team comprising of advanced practitioners, specialists and 1st opinion Vets.
- They are fully equipped offering state of the art facilities and veterinary services including ultrasound, CT, endoscopy, laparoscopy, dental room, separate dog and cat kennels, digital and dental x-ray and an in house laboratory.
- They provide a supportive working environment where everyone has a voice and are able to share their ideas.
- They offer a great work / life balance and provide support to one another as a team.
- The practice provides a high standard of care and customer service to all its patients and clients.
- They have a supportive close knit team with an encouraging and supporting culture.
- They support all of the RVNs to pursue areas of special interest and some of the nurses have advanced qualifications.
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment.
Who are they looking for:
- They are looking for a confident and dynamic RVN who enjoys working within a fast paced environment.
- An RVN who would like to develop their skills and knowledge further. An RVN who would like to study additional qualifications or clinical coaching would be encouraged.
- The Nurse will have great communication skills and organisational skills and be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- They will provide an excellent service to all clients and be able to build rapport easily.
- Salary: Up to £37,000 pro rata per annum commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, incl bank holidays and birthday off
- CPD: £750 CPD allowance with 15 hours paid
- Professional memberships RCVS / VDS fees paid
- Family friendly policies incl Maternity, Paternity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Certificate support
- Workplace pension
- Further benefits such as retail and gym
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Uniform
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35374
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.