£33,000 to £38,700 pro rata
Part time / Permanent
Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse - Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice?
Are you looking for…
- A great salary of up to £38,700 pro rata?
- An excellent work-life balance?
- A generous CPD allowance?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Ashton-under-Lyne for a Permanent Night Veterinary Nurse to join their OOH team.
The practice is looking for an empathetic and ambitious RVN who has good experience working in a small animal practice. The role will involve all aspects of nursing and you will be prepared to develop your skills by collaborating with the wider team. You will perform your nursing duties with confidence to provide the gold standard of care to the practice's loyal clients by assisting vets in surgical procedures. You must have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your main duties will involve inpatient care, assisting in the operating theatre, and ECC work.
The role is part time for 3 nights on and 18 nights off with shifts from 7pm to 8am. There will be no on-call duties.
Benefits of the role:
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Part time, 3 nights on and 18 nights off, shifts from 7pm to 8am
- Weekends: Yes
- OOH: Yes
- Branch work: N/A
- Computer system: Freedom
- Team: 6 vets, 5 RVNs, 2 SVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Large community of highly skilled veterinary professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You will have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be approachable
- You will demonstrate leadership qualities
- You will be passionate and focused on developing and supporting team members
- You will be looking for a role to take on more responsibility
- You will have a good amount of small animal nursing experience in all aspects of nursing
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available, including:
- Home visits
- In-house laboratory
- Keyhole surgery
- Laser surgery
- Nurse clinics
- Salary: £33,000 to £38,700 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance of £850 with 2 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS and BVNA fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35055
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.