£35,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a large mixed animal practice in Wales for a permanent mixed animal veterinary surgeon. This is a full-time position with a 1:5 weekend rota and with 3 on call and on call 1 night per week.
The practice boasts a fantastic local reputation and caters for small, equine and farm animal across the region.
The veterinary surgeons and nurses all have specialist's skill sets and knowledge in different areas of animal health. They are fully committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care.
About the role
The practice requires a mixed animal vet predominately to work farm animal and equine however ideally the vet would also be able to do some small animal work when required. This would be advantageous. They require the surgeon to have a minimum of 2 years or more experience. The practice is part of a large group of mixed animal practice within the area and boasts a large team if highly experienced veterinary surgeons. This is an excellent opportunity for the surgeon to take on a role where they can continue to learn daily and develop their clinical skill set. Support is available and continual education is encouraged and funded.
- Type: Farm & Equine with some small animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: Yes 1:5 weekend rota, 3 of which on call
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: Yes1 night per week
- Branch work: Possibly if required
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN practice.
- Large well-established mixed animal group
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- You will be happy to predominantly with Farm Animal and Equine
- Small animal experience would be advantageous and if so the surgeon would be happy to do a small element of small animal where required
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be able to establish excellent working relationships with clients
The practice is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and services to cater for mixed animals across the region.
- Salary: 35,000 - 55,000 Pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.